Cold Room Maintenance
Perform Monthly Maintenance Checks
Cold room systems require proper maintenance. However, certain operational problems cannot be avoided unless prevented through proper and early maintenance checks. In addition we are able to offer preventative and restorative maintenance, as well as a fast spare-parts service. Our engineers are continuously trained, handpicked experts that are able to offer professional help and advice wherever you are located.
Performing routine maintenance checks is one of the best ways to ensure that your cold room facilities are working properly. However, these maintenance checks should be done by experts with industrial chillers and cold room facilities. If you think that your cold storage facilities need checking, MP Refrigeration Repairs is the specialist to turn to when it comes to designing, managing, constructing and even caring for your temperature-controlled environments. Contact us for more information on how to properly maintain your cold rooms and industrial chillers.
One of the most important aspects of a cold room system for efficient cooling is refrigeration. Including proper maintenance of compressors, fan coil units or FCUs, the condenser and the evaporators, unlike any other equipment the overall cold room refrigeration system should undergo daily, monthly, quarterly and annual preventative maintenance checks.
Check System Efficiency
- Ensure that condenser coil fins are clean
- Ensure reverse blowing is working properly
- Ensure that control valves are working properly.
- Ensure evaporators are working properly
- Ensure defrosting functions are working properly
- Check each compressor for any oil leakage
- Check all Freon levels for each system
- Check secondary system’s head pressure
- Check the evaporator for possible ice formation
- Check if PLC switchboard functions properly
- Check proper cold room temperature
- Clean evaporator casing and blower fans
- Perform daily maintenance checks
- Calibrate cold room temperature
- Perform a system functional test and check for any malfunctions
- Perform monthly maintenance checks
- Check overall functionality of cold rooms
- Perform daily, monthly and quarterly checks accordingly
- Perform chemical washing on heat exchanger, as needed.